Nifty gapped higher for the day, but it closed at the low of the day giving us a red candle. There was little vertical movement in Nifty during the day.
In Morning Nifty opened at 17,379.25, it goes to 17,428.80 high at a time but not able to break this level. Nifty makes its crucial level at 17,400 & spent most of the time at this level but not able to sustain the level & comes down.
In closing, Due to F&O expiry it was not able to sustain the level & Nifty finally settled at 17331.80 at a gain of 57.50 points from the previous closing. Nifty has now moved above the previous swing low. A breakout below the previous swing low has failed.
The biggest gainers of the session on the Nifty 50:
- JSW Steel Ltd which rose 4.86% or 31.25 points to trade at 674.45 at the close
- Hindalco Industries Ltd. added 4.72% or 18.60 points to end at 412.65
- Coal India Ltd was up 4.59% or 10.25 points to 233.50 in late trade.
The biggest losers of the session on the Nifty 50:
- Bharti Airtel Ltd. which lost 2.49% or 20.10 points to trade at 788.60 in late trade
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd. declined 2.02% or 53.95 points to end at 2,614.00
- IndusInd Bank Ltd. declined 1.51% or 18.35 points to 1,200.90.